The Communications Photo Contest, Part 1, is complete. The congregation voted for the following photographs:
First Place (photograph by James Hardison):
Second Place [Tie] (photograph by Christy Beach):
Second Place [Tie] (photograph by Hannah Metts):
Part II began Sunday, October 8, when the congregation was invited to title the winning photos. The winning photos are displayed on the bulletin board in the main entrance hall, and forms for writing title entries will be available there also. That phase will end Sunday, October 22. (It originally was scheduled to end October 15, but was extended to give members of the congregation more time to craft a thoughtful title.) Rules are as follows:
- Titles must relate in some way to the theme: God’s Glory, in our lives or in nature.
- Titles must not be more than four words.
- Title entries must be submitted on the form furnished at the contest submission table.
- Title entries must be submitted by October 22, 2017.
- The Bethany communications director and members of the communications committee may not participate in the contest.
- By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that you are the author of the title submitted and you authorize Bethany Christian Church Communications full use without compensation.
The winning titles will be affixed to the corresponding winning photo framed images mounted in the Fellowship Hall, and on greeting cards to be used by the Bethany Card Ministry.