The Communications Photo Contest entry period ended Sunday, September 24, and the sixteen photo entries are posted on a display table in the narthex so members of the congregation can vote for first-place and second-place photos. Each photo posted has a number on its bottom tag. Choose the number of the photo you want to win first place, and write the number in the First Place Photo box on the ballot. Do the same for your second-place choice, fold your ballot, and place it in the ballot box. After the ballots are counted Monday, we will inform the first-place and second-place winners, and the winning photos will be published in the October Beacon, and on this site. Framed images will be displayed in the Fellowship Hall, and prints of the first-place winning photo (and, at the discretion of Bethany Communications and the Bethany Card Ministry, the second-place image) will be mounted on a greeting card to be used by the Bethany Card Ministry.
Please, if you have not already voted, be sure to vote Sunday, October 1!
Part II begins Sunday, October 8, when the congregation is invited to title the winning photos. The winning photos will be displayed on the display board in the narthex, and forms for writing title entries will be available there also. That phase will end at Homecoming, October 22. (It originally was scheduled to end October 15, but was extended to give members of the congregation more time to craft a thoughtful title.) Rules are as follows:
- Titles must relate in some way to the theme: God’s Glory, in our lives or in nature.
- Titles must not be more than four words.
- Title entries must be submitted on the form furnished at the contest submission table.
Title entries must be submitted by October 15, 2017.
- The Bethany communications director and members of the communications committee may not participate in the con-test.
- By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that you are the author of the title submitted and you authorize Bethany Christian Church Communications full use without compensation.
The winning titles will be affixed to the corresponding winning photo framed images mounted in the Fellowship Hall, and on greeting cards to be used by the Bethany Card Ministry.